Child Care Services

Child Care

Child Care Services

Public funding provides financial assistance to low-income families with child care needs related to work or education and training. Families must meet income guidelines, prove there is a need for child care, provide verification of the citizenship of the child needing care, and submit proof of employment or education and training.

To apply for child care assistance, contact the Wythe County Department of Social Services at (276) 228-5493 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or apply online through CommonHelp at

To locate licensed, voluntarily registered, or religious exempt child care providers in your area, please visit the following website:

This website will give you valuable information regarding the location of the provider, telephone number, length and type of licensure, past violations, complaint history, and information on how to reach the licensing specialist assigned to each provider. You may also call the Virginia Department of Social Services, Division of Licensing at (804) 662-9743 for provider information.

To file a complaint on a provider or to obtain information regarding the procedure for becoming a licensed or religious exempt child care provider, you may call the Virginia Department of Social Services, Division of Licensing, at (804) 662-9743. If you are interested in becoming a Voluntarily Registered Provider, you may contact Linda Jean-Pierre – This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or the Division of Licensing: (800) 543-7545 or (804) 726-7170.